Friday 25 January 2013

Power of NO!


The last few days, since IZ recovered from HFMD, he has been saying “NO” quite a great deal all the time.
I’m not sure if he suddenly discovered the POWER of the word “NO” or he suddenly discovered he is more vocal that he wants his voice to be heard, obviously more through his NOs…
Requests to him to bathe, brush his teeth, eat his meal, change his diaper, are all replied by a NO.
“NO IZ take bath!”
“NO IZ eat!”
“NO IZ change diaper!”
“NO IZ diaper full!”
“NO IZ brush teeth!”
And he refused to tell us when he needed to poop, and he rather poops squatting, into his diaper, and refused to wash his buttock too! Arrgghz!
While I would have smacked him if it happened few weeks ago, I didn’t.
I told myself not to let my hands react faster than my brain.
So what did I do?
I walked away when I find my patience is tested. It’s still difficult, as my patience is still as thick as a piece of paper, but I’m trying.. trying really hard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment