Friday 7 September 2012

IZ's 1st Baking: 5th Sep'12


I downloaded an app on iPad called Donut Maker by Crazy Cats Inc. There are a few donut maker apps, the one we installed as below, for free:
Snapshot of the app in iTunes


IZ loves this app so much that he would make donuts each time he sees the iPad. I don’t really let iPad lying around much since he could say “pad”. Ya, unless when you wish to have that few moments of peace. Nevertheless, he would call out to you “mama mama” and try to get you involve in whatever app he is using, EVERYTIME without fail.
You get to drag the ingredients onto a plate and stir and move on to the next steps etc. I especially like the sound effect when an egg is placed on the plate, or butter splashed on the plate. Then you get to roll and mold the donuts and deep fry them to brown. Once you fried 6 donuts, you’ll get to go to the next step to decorate the donut with frosting, etc.
But then, imagine rolling using your pointer?! That’s exactly what my hubby said. It’s not a good app for IZ as he would think that rolling just need to use his pointer.
Rolling a dough using your pointer
And that’s when an idea came to mind. Perhaps I should make some real donuts so IZ can be “corrected”. So in the evening, after dinner, I pulled IZ (seated on his high chair) to the kitchen and started measuring the ingredients, mainly flour, sugar, butter, egg, baking powder, and salt.
IZ enjoyed the process very much, at the end of it, he put his messed hands onto his face and head. I didn’t think much of it, as I like to let him explore, but when I bathed him later, I saw his skin actually developed some red rashes, allergic to one of the ingredients I suspect. The rashes came and go fast though.
Kneading the dough
Rolling it flat
Tasting raw flour
Donut shape cut
In the end, the end product came out crispy but not as soft (coz I changed the multipurpose flour to plain flour – oh well, our multipurpose flour nearing expiry, and I saw some ugly black stuffs in them so I threw them away).
IZ loves donut so much he kept wanting more!
Success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment