Thursday 8 April 2010

Round #4 : Strike!

I pray baby fish is here to stay...

8th Apr 2010 (28th day from last menses):
How I feel: Good, with mild breast sore, hungry easily, ocassional tummy cramp and worse after walking for long

Meeting was called at 10+. I went in the board room with my breakfast, curry bun. Lady boss asked "why, eating for two now?" I was surprised, but replied I didn't have time to eat properly. And so the meeting goes.. indicating we need to go Wuxi somewhere in June.

Came back from lunch, I felt rather giddy. Nearly black out again. Palms were pale. I was very worried. I want our baby fish badly, I am trying all means to protect myself and baby fish, please let us be healthy.

So I went to company's doctor and checked blood pressure and heart beat. Everything is ok doctor said. And she calculated, EDD will be on 19th Dec 2010. :-)

Bumped into lady boss on the way to toilet and she asked me again "Are you pregnant?" I was caught by surprise again. "Why do you ask? You could feel or something?" I asked her. She said no. "But are you pregnant?" I asked if it's because I gained weight or something? She said no, but coz I looked sickly recently. And she said, if pregnant means pregnant, how many months. I told her it's just coming to month. Still very soon. She said "it's a good thing, congratulations". :-) Thank you thank you....

Went back to office feeling much better. And we had photography session with boss who retired. Felt so tired standing.

And then YJ told me on Skype, lady boss just openly announced I am pregnant. Duhz... I was trying to hard not to tell too many people, and here it is.. more and more people know...

Today, it should be more and more confirmed, coz if it was a 28 days cycle, my menses due today. But then again, sometimes, it is a 30 days cycle, so I shall wait 2 more days before feeling relieved.

There is one headache though. How safe is it to travel during first trimester? Hubby and I will be bringing my mum to Beijing from 1st to 8th May, and my Europe trip will be from 16th to 23rd. I wonder if I can make it. :-(

And gosh.. if I were to go Europe, I would have to change my gynae appointment again. :-(

7th Apr 2010 (pm) (27th day from last menses):

I called KKH to fix appointment with Dr. Irene Chua. It was a rather chaotic appointment fixing.

First, it was fixed on 6th May, 8.20am, and I happily agreed. To realise I'll be in Beijing.

Then, it was fixed on 21st May, but at Clinic A instead of The Private Suite (TPS). Knowing it's not as good as TPS from DW, I called to change the appointment again, to 18th May, 9.40am. And the call centre operator wasn't really happy. :-p

7th Apr 2010 (am) (27th day from last menses):
How I feel: Good, with mild breast sore, ocassional tummy cramp and tired after walking too much

I woke up at 3am. Not sure what woke me up, maybe the full bladder. So, I took the digital kit to bathroom and peed on it.

The instruction was very clear. I had to wait for 3 minutes. Really high tech, there's a "waiting" icon blinking while the kit diagnose the content.

Then the "Pregnant" word came. Very much to my anticipation, I could predict the conceived date that will appear could be 1 to 2 weeks. And so the "1-2" appear, indicating 1-2 weeks since conceived and doctor will conclude the pregnancy as 3 weeks.


6th Apr 2010 (pm) (26th day from last menses):

We went to Watson's right after seeing Sinsei to get more kit.

Chose the Clearblue digital (new in market - the one indicate how many weeks you have conceived) and also a pair of Clearblue normal kit.

Reached home, I couldn't help to test when I bathed. I decided to use the normal kit first. Save the good one for morning urine. :-p Although quite confident, I was rather worried. What if it was a false alarm in the morning?

The kit was different from Watson's kit. The urine will pass the test window first, then the control window. And I saw the cross.. and waited for quite a while for the urine to move to the control window. Yes! The test worked, and it was positive again!






6th Apr 2010 (am) (26th day from last menses):


I woke up earlier than usual, from a dream. I dreamed I did a test, and I saw a faint pink line. Couldn't stop myself from taking out the Watson's kit from the drawer and went to shower. Hands were trembling when I unwrapped the kit, read the instruction and peed on it. Slowly, control line came in solid purple. Nothing happened at first. Started to feel a bit disappointed, then I saw it. Faint pink line! I blinked my eyes a few times, the line started to appear.



"Am I imagining the line?" I thought to myself.



I rubbed the window a few times. Is it the reflection of the light? I couldn't be sure. I kept staring at it for few minutes. In fact, the whole shower.



Then I went back to the soundly asleep hubby.



"Dear!" I jumped onto him. He reluctantly opened his eyes, but still lying down. I showed him the kit. He could tell what was the result. But he didn't really react the way I wanted. Ya, how I wanted him to jump from excitement. But he wanted to go back to sleep.



I couldn't stop giggling. But couldn't help worrying.. it's still too soon though. Maybe we should get some other brands to test again tonight, I told hubby. And he agreed.





Couldn't contain my excitement, I initiated conversation with Fiona over Skype. I told her I couldn't be sure. She was happy for me.


And so the next step, to ask for gynae info and chinese medicine to "yong toi".


DW recommended KKH where his daughter is born.


ML recommended Chinese Sinsei coz of my spotting. So we went after work, to the one at Golden Landmark, Wholistic.


Sinsei couldn't be sure of my pregnancy as it is too soon. She prescribed some medicine to be taken for a week, and back again if menses do not come. She said the medicine will help to speed up menses if not pregnant, or "yong toi" if I am indeed pregnant.



5th Apr 2010 (25th day from last menses):

I spotted some brownish discharge at work today. Secretly asked myself, if it could be menses coming early or it could be implantation per say. Brushed the thoughts aside, I decided to leave the confirmation till another week, after menses is due, so not to waste any pregnancy test kit. :-p

0 comments:

Post a Comment